Come work with us!
Kitchen chef position open
The SnowCastle Resort is open all year round and Seaview restaurant Lumihiutale (Snowflake) is looking for a full-time chef. Seaview Restaurant Lumihiutale introduces constantly new menus with a Modern Arctic Taste, focusing on the local fresh seasonal tastes made from local ingredients. Lumihiutale serves our hotel guests, visitors and M&E guests. We guarantee the best sea view in Finnish Lapland. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise at breakfast time and breathtaking sunset at dinner. The light changes with the season, from summer midnight sun to the starlit sky of the polar night. Our terrace is open from spring to late autumn and the high season starts in late November and lasts until early April.
This job opportunity will allow you to bring your own ideas and creativity to the property. While working alongside the team, we would like you to focus on development. All our employees need to have a passion for sharing their knowledge and aim to help us continue promoting internal growth. Also direct communication with sales and operations teams is important in order to continually exceed client standards.
The chef has the overall responsibility for menu planning, sourcing, preparation of food, cost accounting and elegant menu presentation at events. The work is versatile as functions vary from smaller lunch and dinners to large-scale buffet and a la carte receptions. The chef should demonstrate an extensive repertoire and have knowledge of dietary restrictions. You also need to have a hygiene passport and alcohol proficiency.
– Supervising production in all kitchen areas.
– Assign, coordinate and supervise the duties and performance of the cook(s).
– Ensure station guides are up-to-date, in good condition, and being used.
– Maintain good housekeeping procedures in preparation areas and stores
– Communicate food production problems with respective affected department heads.
– Responsible for quality of food and food handling personnel.
– Food Cost Controls: proper storage and rotation of foods, identify plans to work out any leftovers or dead-items, ensure appropriate records are maintained.
– Achieve maximum food usage and labor efficiency.
– Communicate and coordinate with banquets and/or catering sales to ensure quality events are delivered.
– Lead kitchen meetings.
– Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
– Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
– To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
– To create recipes and production methods.
– To compile new banquet menus when required.
– To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production
– Ensure strict compliance to recipe card system and maintain quarterly audit of system
A successful candidate should have an appropriate training and relevant work experience, in addition to being fluent in English. Finnish is not mandatory but helps. We offer an interesting job opportunity in an international environment.Your salary and terms and conditions of work are based on the collective labor agreement between the employers’ organization and the labor union Mara and Service Union United PAM. Your salary will be affected by your previous work experience, language skills and education. The position is long-term and starts time when COVID-19 restrictions allow. Please send your CV and an application letter including contact information of referees [email protected].
We will fulfil the positions as soon COVID-19 allow as to open and we will find suitable candidate so do not hesitate to send in your application well before the deadline.